Why Do You Need A Skills-Based Talent Strategy? With Elin Thomasian, UKG
This episode features an interview with Elin Thomasian VP, Global Head of Talent Acquisition at UKG, and your host Sultan Saidov, Co-Founder and President at Beamery. Previously, Elin held Global Head of Talent Acquisition positions at Workday, Prudential Financial, Moody’s Corporation, Purdue Pharma, and Goldman Sachs.
Elin discusses the importance of a skills-based recruiting strategy, turning your data into intelligent insight, and why career development should be a key element of your employee value proposition.
“It’s really important when you tie the employee value proposition to: you’re not just coming here to do a great job in the role that we’re hiring you for, but we’re hiring you to be the workforce of the future. And our promise to you is that we will develop your skills to get there.” – Elin Thomasian
- The scope of Elin’s role at UKG
- Integrating processes, systems, and technology
- Strategic Workforce Planning with Analytics & Technology
- Understanding your funnel metrics
- Turning your data into intelligent insight
- Career development: a key element of you employee value proposition
- Focusing on HR technology for employees and customers
- Exploring talent intelligence platforms
- Building a new job architecture
The Talent Blueprint podcast is for business leaders who understand the value of creating a talent-first culture, as well as HR and TA executives looking to do it at the highest level. Subscribe today and receive fortnightly episodes to guide you to become a talent-first organization, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Simplecast.