How Does Employee Experience Impact Customer Experience? With Christopher Shryock, Sam’s Club
This episode features an interview with Christopher Shryock, SVP & Chief People Officer at Sam’s Club and your host Sultan Saidov, Co-Founder and President at Beamery. Christopher is responsible for all aspects of Human Resources across Sam’s Club, including identifying, attracting, developing, and rewarding talent, as well as building a diverse and inclusive organization for 100,000 associates across the U.S. and Puerto Rico.
Christopher discusses the importance of creating a great employee value proposition, why the most important KPI is how satisfied your customers are, and ways to grow by advancing investments in tech and in product, with member and associate tools.
“We’re much more conscious and we’re much more cognizant of hiring people that are member obsessed. One, because that’s better for our members, but two, because those people tend to stay with us longer and they tend to perform better.” – Christopher Shryock
- Creating a great employee value proposition
- The components of building for leadership profiles
- The most important KPI that drives business
- Why the employee NPS score is the ultimate measure of employee happiness
- How to manage and how to reward talent
- Integrating DE&I into talent practices and the way you run your business
- Ways to grow by advancing investments in tech and in product
- The importance of putting people in positions where they can find their own purpose
- The impact of flexibility in the work place
The Talent Blueprint podcast is for business leaders who understand the value of creating a talent-first culture, as well as HR and TA executives looking to do it at the highest level. Subscribe today and receive episodes every two weeks to guide you to become a talent-first organization, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Simplecast.