The Talent Blueprint is back for Season 2...
This first episode of the season features an interview with Maren Waggoner from Walmart. Maren has over 15 years of progressive experience in HR as a business partner, as well as center of excellence leadership roles in Fortune 100 companies across technology, entertainment, and omni-channel retail industries. She provides HR support, frameworks, tools, and processes to unlock and accelerate business strategy and transformation.
Maren discusses the importance of the synchronicity between talent and business, measuring success through data, and how to automate selection while keeping the human in human resources.
“I think that the key is: it has to start with the business strategy, because there really isn’t a separate talent strategy in absence of a business strategy.” – Maren Waggoner
- The scope of Maren’s role at Walmart
- The synchronicity between talent and business
- Measuring success through data
- Important retention strategies
- Scaling a successful pilot project
- How to automate selection while still staying personal
- The digital employee experience
- Knowing your talent to fill the job
- Why upskilling and reskilling have become essential tools
The Talent Blueprint podcast is for business leaders who understand the value of creating a talent-first culture, as well as HR and TA executives looking to do it at the highest level. Subscribe today and receive fortnightly episodes to guide you to become a talent-first organization, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Simplecast.