This episode features an interview with Deeanne King, the Executive Vice President & Chief Human Resources Officer at T-Mobile, and your host Sultan Saidov, Co-Founder and President at Beamery. Deeanne brings more than 30 years of experience in senior leadership roles across multiple functions from her time at Sprint. Most recently she served as Sprint’s Chief Human Resources Officer, where she was a strong advocate for employee learning and development and was credited for transforming the company culture into a vibrant place to work.
Deeanne discusses how mergers and acquisitions impact culture, being more human-centric in how you think about data, and the importance of internal mobility.
“What we decided we wanted to do was to really take the best attributes of both companies and be proud of both our history that brought us to where we were, understand who each company was right now, but also think about who it is we aspire to be.” – Deeanne King
- The scope of Deeanne’s role at T-Mobile
- How mergers and acquisitions impact culture
- What makes a winning post-merger culture?
- The importance of internal mobility
- Being more human-centric in how you think about data
- Creating a dedicated employee experience team
- Why flexibility is important for the new workforce
- How technology and data playing a massive role in talent acquisition
The Talent Blueprint podcast is for business leaders who understand the value of creating a talent-first culture, as well as HR and TA executives looking to do it at the highest level. Subscribe today and receive episodes every two weeks to guide you to become a talent-first organization, on Apple Podcasts, Spotify, or Simplecast.