Beamery was founded with the mission to create equal access to opportunities, careers, and people’s futures.
The Russian invasion of Ukraine continues to affect our colleagues, friends and families, and the Beamery team remains committed to supporting Ukrainian people through these difficult times. We would like to share what we are doing – to help people rebuild their lives, and to give access to healthcare, education and work to those affected – in the hope that it inspires others to support our efforts, or to create and launch their own fundraising ideas.
A Dedicated Support Fund
Beamery will be donating $100,000, shared across a number of carefully selected charities that align with Beamery’s values. We will also be matching donations made by our employees, up to a further $100,000, and will provide humanitarian support for children, refugees, and educational and recreational projects.
Beamery’s chosen charities and projects:
- Airbnb Relocations. A project funding short-term housing for up to 100,000 people fleeing Ukraine. With access to an address, people stand a better chance of gaining access to work opportunities, and rebuilding their future.
- Concordia. An Austrian charity that’s providing immediate relief to Ukrainian refugees by providing camps on the border between Moldova and Ukraine.
- Global2000. This Austrian environmental charity has launched a project that’s dedicated to supporting children with cancer in the East of Ukraine.
- Outright. This US-based non-profit is working directly with global partners to support Ukrainian LGBTIQ people in search of shelter, safety and security. Everyone deserves a future free of discrimination.
Our Commitment to Hiring Anyone Affected by The Ukraine Crisis
We have now opened fast-track applications for candidates affected by the crisis in Ukraine to support relocations to Berlin or London, offering the opportunity to gain access to work today. This all-encompassing package is designed to make sure talent has the best chance of finding their feet as part of the Beam Team. We invite you to read more about this project here.
In addition, and as part of our focus to help people rebuild their lives, we have also launched a long-term commitment to hiring people affected by the Ukraine crisis, and collaborating with Ukrainian IT companies, as part of our engineering team’s resourcing strategy.
Act with Kindness
There are a number of additional ways in which Beamery is showing its support to all those impacted, and the team is bringing new initiatives and ideas to our attention all the time.
- We’ve shipped refurbished laptops, chargers and IT equipment to families to keep lines of access open to schooling, work opportunities and more.
- We’ve provided translation support for Ukrainian families who have travelled to Europe.
- We’ve offered relocation and financial support to our Ukraine-based colleagues, and remain in constant contact with them to see how we can support them further.
- We’ve set up a dedicated #UkraineSupport Slack channel to keep our employees updated and connected.
- We’ve given employees the flexibility to redirect their monthly BE-AMazing budget to charitable donations, in addition to our Support Fund and donation-matching scheme.
We are proud of all the efforts made and we will continue to do all we can as we join those around the world in the call for peace.